Saturday, March 14, 2009

Worth Retweeting | Rocky ..."How to be a winner" ...unconditional love

Rocky is a 1976 film written by and starring Sylvester Stallone and directed by John G. Avildsen. It tells the rags-to-riches American Dream story of Rocky Balboa, an uneducated but good-hearted debt collector for a loan shark in Philadelphia. Balboa is also a club fighter who gets a shot at the world heavyweight championship when the scheduled contender breaks his hand. Also starring in Rocky are Talia Shire as Adrian, Burt Young as Adrian's brother Paulie, Burgess Meredith as Rocky's trainer Mickey Goldmill, and Carl Weathers as the champion, Apollo Creed.

The film, made for only $1.1 million, and shot relatively fast in 28 days, was a sleeper hit; it made over US$117.2 million, and won three Oscars, including Best Picture. The film received many positive reviews and turned Stallone into a major star. It spawned five sequels: Rocky II, III, IV, V, and Rocky Balboa.



Worth Retweeting


reashamoriba Posted at 8:53pm from TinyTwitter
reashamoriba

the loved that btwn Rocky & Adrian was beautiful. I always wanted that type of unconditional love and he saw beyond outer beauty

LaurenBlaine Posted 18 minutes ago from Web
LaurenBlaine

Rocky-TCM. Training..That song... http://tinyurl.com/azfcqy Truly, I am not a fight fan but this film should b called "How to be a winner"


lawain Posted 4 minutes ago from TweetDeck
lawain

Rocky just knocked down Apollo Creed...lets root Rocky on!!!!

ARDELLd Posted 4 minutes ago from Web, in reply to ALANHARRIS_
ARDELLd

@ALANHARRIS_ I have a headache. Time for ice cream or a nap. Rocky's fighting...I'll go for ice cream and watch the fight.

justpat Posted 7 minutes ago from Web
justpat

Rocky is such a great movie if it is 1976 and you are 12.

kmatheson Posted 7 minutes ago from TwitterFon
kmatheson

finally - finally! - saw "Rocky." She will no longer make fun of people who run up the Art Museum steps.

koogz Posted 16 minutes ago from TweetDeck
koogz

RT @TCManiacs: On TCM ...Rocky (1976) ...The iconic theme song montage run : and again my favorite song : http://tinyurl.com/ckqdhz

McLellan Posted 18 minutes ago from txt
McLellan

Watching ROCKY in the hotel room, chillin before the gig. Word.

koogz Posted 17 minutes ago from TweetDeck, in reply to TCManiacs
koogz

@TCManiacs my favorite song from that soundtrack is the violin solo "Rocky's Reward"

LaurenBlaine Posted 18 minutes ago from Web
LaurenBlaine

Rocky-TCM. Training..That song... http://tinyurl.com/azfcqy Truly, I am not a fight fan but this film should b called "How to be a winner"

mattventure Posted 19 minutes ago from TwitterFox
mattventure

watching rocky. for the first time. ahha

TCManiacs Posted 19 minutes ago from TweetDeck
TCManiacs

On TCM ...Rocky (1976) ...The iconic theme song montage run

njdevito Posted 20 minutes ago from twitterrific
njdevito

is watching Rocky. Such a great movie.

herbmuse Posted 21 minutes ago from Web
herbmuse

I'm in philadelphia and I'm watching Rocky - ahhhhhhh

floyddean Posted 29 minutes ago from TweetDeck
floyddean

Watching Rocky. Classic. Driving DW crazy with trivia learned from the Internet. :)

taylorinrva Posted 30 minutes ago from TwitterBerry
taylorinrva

I'm watchin Rocky for the first time

untypoed Posted 32 minutes ago from TweetDeck
untypoed

Watching Rocky. It is awesome. I missed some of it and some just now because I'm making a patty and before I didn't know it was on.

hchang Posted 33 minutes ago from Blip.fm
hchang

@( '.')=@Q('.' Q) Rocky Theme Song. ♫ http://blip.fm/~2zuq9

amyjones65 Posted 35 minutes ago from Web
amyjones65

I just had to interject, with the older teens watching Rocky, that this was my first PG movie, seen on my 12th birthday, with both parents.

joliebritt Posted 49 minutes ago from TwitterBerry
joliebritt

I'm watching Rocky for the first time on TCM. I may be saying "Hey. YO. Paulie!" for the next week.

LaurenBlaine Posted 52 minutes ago from Web
LaurenBlaine

Watching Rocky...I haven't seen this for soooooo long. I forgot how he got to fight Apollo Creed.

krislynch Posted 55 minutes ago from Tweetie
krislynch

can't pass on rocky to watch rocky and adrian's first date. awesome scenes - especially when they're first in his apartment.

ECLamb Posted 56 minutes ago from Web
ECLamb

had forgotten what a good movie the first "Rocky" was.

lmjvp Posted at 8:53pm from txt
lmjvp

Rocky (the movie) is fucking annoying.

reashamoriba Posted at 8:53pm from TinyTwitter
reashamoriba

the loved that btwn Rocky & Adrian was beautiful. I always wanted that type of unconditional love and he saw beyond outer beauty

ARDELLd Posted at 8:52pm from Web
ARDELLd

Watching the original Rocky Movie. When this movie first came out I was dating the Golden Gloves champ in Philly. Parts of it are too real.

TomAllen1965 Posted at 8:50pm from mobile web
TomAllen1965

is watching "Rocky" on Turner Classic Movies channel.

Parker666 Posted at 8:49pm from txt
Parker666

Watching "Rocky"- we never realised it took place in '76? Must be why he gets a badass TransAm. The 70's ruled. (Beertime!)

reashamoriba Posted at 8:48pm from TinyTwitter
reashamoriba

back from target. ROCKY I on TV... named my 2nd born Rocky. I am in love with Sly, if my 3rd kid was a boy his names going to be Sly :-D

mar_isa Posted at 8:29pm from Web
mar_isa

Doing like Rocky and punching this Russian paper in the mouth...while watching Rocky, of course

LaurenBlaine Posted at 8:11pm from Web
LaurenBlaine

Rocky got 45 bucks for his first fight in the movie.

koogz Posted at 7:57pm from TweetDeck
koogz

RT @TCManiacs: TCM Now Playing | 8:00pm Rocky (1976) http://ow.ly/Vzv props to sly

No comments:

Post a Comment

TCManiacs appreciate your feedback! Follow us @TCManiacs

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Who is the mysterious TCManiac?

First, I'll tell you who I am not. I am not affiliated with TCM. I am not some superbot created by software developers. I am not being paid by TCM or anyone else to dedicate my time to tweeting. I am a real flesh and blood human being. I am a real maniac for TCM. I really do keep my TV tuned to TCM 24-7. I created the TCManiacs twitter as a result of my sincere passion for watching Turner Classic Movies.

How I got started?
Well, I've been a fan of TCM since its inception. As I lay flat on my back recovering from a disabling health crisis unable to do little more than watch TV and surf the internet, I found refuge watching TCM round the clock. I soon developed an obsessive habit of keeping a browser tab open for the TCM schedule and beating Robert Osbourne's introductions to finding out facts for upcoming movies. My entire day and night became defined by the TCM line-up. At the beginning of 2009 I decided to check out twitter and lucked up on some fellow TCM fans to friend. During the 31 days Oscar I decided to dedicate a twitter just to share my TCM obsession by tweeting about every movie every day of February. I was totally overwhelmed by the number of fellow TCM maniacs that became my following. Its been a WIN WIN in everyway for me. I have had the opportunity to share fun stuff with some incredible fellow classic movie lovers and bloggers. With so many followers I became committed to maintaining the twitter schedule and finding fun stuff for upcoming TCM movies.
How may followers show appreciation?
As I mentioned before, I am not employed by anyone nor being paid for my time maintaining tweets and blog. However, you may express your appreciation for my labor of love by dropping a token of your appreciation in the hat. Simply click the Donate button below. Any amount your heart moves you to give no matter how small will be graciously accepted.
What you mean to me?
Even if you decide to skip tipping the hat, please take the time to comment or send a message with your thoughts and suggestions. Send ideas on more fun stuff you would like featured. Send me links to your own classic movie websites. I just want to hear from you! Let me know what sharing my little obsession is worth to you. Every follower is priceless to me!

Total Pageviews

Web Graphic Design by designables.net. Header background image compliments of MERiCG.DEViNART.com
 
View blog top tags