Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Goldwyn Girls

Early Goldwyn Girls
The Goldwyn Girls were a musical stock company of female dancers employed by Samuel Goldwyn. 
Famous actresses whose career included a stint in the Goldwyn Girls include Lucille Ball, Paulette Goddard, Betty Grable, Ann Sothern, Jane Wyman, Virginia Bruce,Virginia Grey, Mary Meade, and Virginia Mayo.
Paulette Goddard
Lucille Ball

Jane Wyman
IMDb lists of actresses who were at one point in their careers Goldwyn Girls: Betty Alexander,Jean Allen, Gale Amber, Gloria Anderson, Loretta Andrews, Mary Ashcraft, Consuelo Baker, Lucille Ball, Shirley Ballard, Bonnie Bannon, Joan Barclay, Betty Bassett, Amelia Batchelor, Virginia Belmont, Irene Bentley, Lynne Berkeley, Deannie Best, Dudone Blumier, Karin Booth, Barbara Brent, Mary Brewer, Lynn Browning, Virginia Bruce, Jan Bryant, Ruth Caldwell, Edna Callahan, Maxine Cantway, Mary Jane Carey, Betty Cargyle,Alma Carroll, Joyzelle Cartier, Lynne Carver, Sue Casey, Joan Chaffee, Shirley Chambers,Linda Christian, Mary Coyle, Hazel Craven, Jean Cronin, Virginia Cruzon, Helen Darling,Jann Darlyn, Madelyn Darrow, Doris Davenport, Loretta Daye, Lorraine DeRome, Marjorie Deanne, Myrna Dell, Gloria Delson, Mary Lou Dix, Claire Dodd, Nadine Dore, Betty Douglas, Dorothy Dugan, Ruth Eddings, Jinx Falkenburg, Patsy Farnum, Helen Ferguson,Muriel Finley, Phyllis Forbes, Judith Ford, Karen X. Gaylord, Inna Gest, Mary Ellen Gleason, Paulette Goddard, Renee Godfrey, Gail Goodson, Betty Grable, Anne Graham,Jeanne Gray, Virginia Grey, Mary Gwynne, Ruth Hale, Ellen Hall, Donna Hamilton, Jane Hamilton, Carol Haney, Patricia Harper, June Harris, Eloise Hart, Althea Henley, Betty-Joy Howard, Jean Howard, Kay Hughes, Eleanor Huntley, Mary Ann Hyde, Amo Ingraham,Janice Jarratt, Elaine Johnson, Jackie Jordan, Vivian Keefer, Jane Keithley, Helen Kimball, June Kirby, Dorothy Knapp, Margaret La Marr, Adele Lacy, June Lang, Georgia Lange, Mary Lange, Rosalyn Lee, Jean Lenivich, Georgia Lerch, Vonne Lester, Caryl Lincoln, Shirley Lloyd, Bernice Lorimer, Betty Lorraine, Florence Lundeen, Neva Lynn, Nancy Lyon, Joyce Mackenzie, Mae Madison, Mickey Malloy, Christine Maple, Vivian Mathison, Michael Mauree, Virginia Mayo, Mary Meade, Dorothy Merritt, Lorraine Miller, Lillian Molieri, Martha Montgomery, Ruth Moody, Mary Moore, Jean Morgan, Kay Morley, Diana Mumby, Nancy Nash, Lee Nugent, Dorothy Patrick, Patricia Patrick, Shelby Payne, Barbara Pepper,Wanda Perry, Faye Pierre, Nita Pike, Edith Roarke, Donna Mae Roberts, Charlotte Russell, Marion Sayers, Gail Sheridan, Mary Simpson,Betty Slocum, Hyca Slocum, Ann Sothern, Kismi Stefan, Margie Stewart, Betty Stockton, Marcia Sweet, Helen Talbot, Anya Taranda, Evelyn Terry, Larri Thomas, Virginia Thorpe, Betty Thurston, Ruth Valmy, Ricki Van Dusen, Vicki Vann, Tyra Vaughn, Irene Vernon, Blanca Vischer,Lynn Walker, Alice Wallace, Sandra Warner, Sonia Warner, Dorothy Coonan Wellman, Renee Whitney, Virginia Wicks, Chili Williams, Toby Wing, Diana Winslow, Hazel Witter, Helen Wood, Mary Jane Woods, Jane Wyman, Audrey Young, Gloria Youngblood.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TCManiacs appreciate your feedback! Follow us @TCManiacs

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Who is the mysterious TCManiac?

First, I'll tell you who I am not. I am not affiliated with TCM. I am not some superbot created by software developers. I am not being paid by TCM or anyone else to dedicate my time to tweeting. I am a real flesh and blood human being. I am a real maniac for TCM. I really do keep my TV tuned to TCM 24-7. I created the TCManiacs twitter as a result of my sincere passion for watching Turner Classic Movies.

How I got started?
Well, I've been a fan of TCM since its inception. As I lay flat on my back recovering from a disabling health crisis unable to do little more than watch TV and surf the internet, I found refuge watching TCM round the clock. I soon developed an obsessive habit of keeping a browser tab open for the TCM schedule and beating Robert Osbourne's introductions to finding out facts for upcoming movies. My entire day and night became defined by the TCM line-up. At the beginning of 2009 I decided to check out twitter and lucked up on some fellow TCM fans to friend. During the 31 days Oscar I decided to dedicate a twitter just to share my TCM obsession by tweeting about every movie every day of February. I was totally overwhelmed by the number of fellow TCM maniacs that became my following. Its been a WIN WIN in everyway for me. I have had the opportunity to share fun stuff with some incredible fellow classic movie lovers and bloggers. With so many followers I became committed to maintaining the twitter schedule and finding fun stuff for upcoming TCM movies.
How may followers show appreciation?
As I mentioned before, I am not employed by anyone nor being paid for my time maintaining tweets and blog. However, you may express your appreciation for my labor of love by dropping a token of your appreciation in the hat. Simply click the Donate button below. Any amount your heart moves you to give no matter how small will be graciously accepted.
What you mean to me?
Even if you decide to skip tipping the hat, please take the time to comment or send a message with your thoughts and suggestions. Send ideas on more fun stuff you would like featured. Send me links to your own classic movie websites. I just want to hear from you! Let me know what sharing my little obsession is worth to you. Every follower is priceless to me!

Total Pageviews

Web Graphic Design by designables.net. Header background image compliments of MERiCG.DEViNART.com
 
View blog top tags